This one was BAD.
It lasted from 7:30am until 4:40pm.
But now it's gone and I feel like:
- Riding a horse bareback through the Grand Canyon.
- Going to the nearest prison, unlocking the cells and letting the jailbirds run free.
- Recording an album of classic ballad covers (my dream vanity project, sorry Madgespace).
- Amtrack-ing from Edmonds to NYC.
- Napping in a canoe on a lake in the sunshine.
On top of all those things, I had an epiphany that only a post-migraine brain could conjure:
I must go to Beverly Hills and eat at one of Lisa Vanderpump's restaurants.
Pump, Sur or Villa Blanca—doesn't matter! I can make this happen. Maybe I'll even wind up as an extra in an episode of RHOBH.
Anyway, now I have what they call a "migraine hangover". It's as if someone shoved me in a tumble dryer, pressed start and didn't let me out for nine hours. Even though it's over, I can't help but feel achy, exhausted and a bit traumatised.
Still, my overarching emotions are relief and elation. It's amazing how being unwell can make you realise how glorious it is to feel your 100% self. Health! What a gift!
Also, my sistah Char is a saint. During the dark times today, she brought me food and a San Pellegrino sparkling lemon beverage. She's also organised a few guest bloggers for next week so that I can spend less time on the computer (we think that could be what's triggering the kopfschmerzen).
Now, it's time to rest this weary head.