Thursday, February 12, 2015

Epipha-threes

Terrible post title. Let's get that out of the way right here at the top.

It relates to the fact that, today, I had three epiphanies.

When each popped into my head, I wrote it down as a potential blog idea. However, not-a-one constitutes an entire blog post, so I've combined all three here for your reading pleasure.

1. I'm just not a dress gal. 

I wish I was.

I would love to throw on a dress and be like, yes, this works! But it rarely does. Instead, I'm cold, wide-hipped, without an appropriate shoe option and did I mention cold? Maybe if I lived somewhere sunny, I'd be a dress gal. Lord knows how much I despise shorts. Oh god, and skirts. Can't believe I forgot about skirts! Skirts are the worst of all. Above all else, I'm not a skirt gal.

2. Everyone my age has moments when they wish they grew up in the 60s. 

Let's face it, the late 60s/early 70s were a fascinating time to be alive. So much happened!

In reality, the world probably felt terribly scary and unsettling back then. Vietnam, assassinations, crazy cults running amok. There wasn't even any good TV. Even so, us millennials have moments of envy because at least things weren't boring. At least people were engaged and felt capable of administering change. Nowadays being angry about important issues seems futile, so we save our outrage for when someone says something that "offends" us. It's all very halfhearted.

For the most part, though, I'm glad I was born when I was (goes back to the TV thing).

3. The people in the flat above us can probably hear me singing Taylor Swift in the shower.

Pam, my singing teacher in the early 2000s, told me that it takes more skill to sing softly than at your natural volume. She was right.

Now my vocal chords are out of practice and in order to sound decent, I have to belt it. LOUD. I can hear the people in the flat above us when they are having a regular conversation, so it's safe to assume they can hear me when I'm bellowing: "I'VE GOT THAT RED LIP CLASSIC THING THAT YOU LIIIIKE..."


What do you think they're dreaming about?
This relates to the blog post because there are three of them. The number three is the link.
Image via Geograph.org.uk


OH. CRAP. It's nearly the dinner hour and we need lettuce for the caesar salaaaaaad!!!!!! It's only the main f-ing ingredient!!!!!!!!

Gotta go,
Marge

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...