Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wouldn't it be great if...

My 2.5-year-old nephew Freddie is at that age where he knows what he wants, and he's not afraid to voice it! To avoid the back-and-forth and discourage the whining, a tactic my Mom taught us, and the one I notice my sister using, is to simply agree and say, in a very cheery voice, "Oh yeah, wouldn't that be great?" or "Yum, a cookie does sound good. I wish we had some too." It's pretty disarming.

So, to take a leaf out of that parenting book, instead of phrasing the following list in typical Madgespace whine format, I'm going to keep it positive and take a "Wouldn't it be great?" approach instead. I'm not complaining, I'm dreaming!


Wouldn't it be great if...

...a benevolent rich person gave me a famous painting as a gift, which I could then sell to buy a house and get on that dang property ladder I've heard so much about?

...my significant other enjoyed back massages as much as me?

...Walt Disney World was a two-hour train journey away, and cost just enough to stop me from going weekly, but not too much to stop me from going altogether (about £30)?

...there was a rail bridge over the Atlantic?

...Starbust sold packs of just reds and pinks?*

...we could buy a custom teeth-flossing machine from our dentist that was moulded just for our mouth and would be like one of those circular apple slicers, yet with floss instead of blades?

Like this, but shaped for a mouth and with floss instead of the slicers.
Image by rosmary via Wikimedia Commons

...Pinterest didn't act like it knew me? It don't know me.

...you could edit a tweet? See below.


...."boyfriend" style jeans weren't just a nice concept, but actually looked flattering when worn?

...the first sunny, hot day of the year (75°F/23°C) was always considered an automatic, federally-mandated holiday? At least for people living above a certain latitude?

...if we could go back in time and make fun of people for writing with quills? HAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Losers!

Love,
Margaret

*Edit: Turns out, this exists and I've actually already blogged about it before. Thanks to cousin Clare for letting me know! #GroundhogDay

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...