Sunday, February 1, 2015

Lovin' y'all's SuperBowl snacks

Editor's note: If the title of this post had any more apostrophes, it would turn into an apostrophe! Gee whiz!



Usually scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed fills me with a sort of bored rage. The political debates, the smug photos of newly married couples out on the town (#DateNight ), the cryptic attention-seeking "Bad Day" statuses. I CAN'T TAKE IT. Vapid post after vapid post. It's enough to make me...switch to Twitter for a few minutes.

But today, on SuperBowl Sunday, I must confess that I'm loving the game day snacks posts! It helps that I am hungry and missing my homeland more than usual. But also, I just love the enthusiasm. It's the SuperBowl, the Seahawks are in it, and people are participating! Hoo-raw! Kakaaw! Memaw!

They're making bean dip. They're baking jalapeƱo poppers. They're frosting adorable football-shaped cookies. They're carefully arranging bowls of Skittles throughout the buffet table.

What fun! A smorgasbord of treats filling my newsfeed.

Want to see what Andy and I made? Oh, ok then.

NACHOS!!! And margheritas!

They may not look that pretty, but I have no doubt they'll taste amazing. 

Ahhh! Game's about to start. Later, y'all. 

Margaret

P.S. Andy is laughing hysterically at John Legend singing 'American the Beautiful' to a montage of beautiful American scenery. I try to tell him all the time—that stuff's normal in the US of A! He better get used to it! 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Guessing they don't do montages set to music in Scotland? :)

grassyllama said...

Haha.They just aren't nearly as patriotic as us Americans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...