Friday, February 20, 2015

From the Archives, Edition 4

Time for another edition of 'From the Archives'! For all you new readers, this is when I 'repurpose' old content (emails, handwritten notes from high school, FB messages etc.) to use as a blog post. It's not lazy, it's upcycling!

Today, I'm featuring an email from 2011 in which I asked my immediate family plus in-laws their thoughts on vitamins.






I must know!
7 messages

Margaret Kay <margareteileenkay@gmail.com>Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:31 PM
To: Rich Kay, Nancy Padden, Anna Kay, Charlene Kay, Max Kay, Francie Kay, Alex Gorohoff, Bobby, William, Andy Williamson 
Hi Everybody,

I have been pondering this question for a while now and for the first time in my life, WebMD has not been very helpful.

Should "we" (aka human beings) take vitamins? Or are they a scam? I don't want to waste my money if they are indeed a scam. However, I want to live a long, healthy life and have beautiful skin, nails and hair.

Please weigh-in with any thoughts/knowledge!!!!

Thanks,

Margaret


Alex Gorohoff Tue, May 31, 2011 at 1:49 AM
To: margareteileenkay@gmail.com
I'm not sure, but next time I go in and get another Africa shot I will ask my doctor.

Cheers,

Alex

Nancy Padden Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:29 AM
To: Margaret Kay <margareteileenkay@gmail.com>
Louis!


Francie Kay Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:29 PM
To: Margaret Kay <margareteileenkay@gmail.com>
they've always been too pricey for my blood!

Anna Kay Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:18 PM
To: Margaret Kay <margareteileenkay@gmail.com>
Its a mystery. I have heard both sides - but I would guess to cover your basis you should attempt to get all your vitamins/nutrients from real food rather then pills and if you can't take the vitamins. 


Max Kay Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM
To:  Margaret Kay <margareteileenkay@gmail.com>
Who really knows.  I've heard that 90% is bogus and 10% is good... you just can't pick out the 10% (what and when your body needs it, if that makes sense).  I think a multivitamin can't hurt.

Good tip Anna - getting vits from food is probably the best bet.


Margaret Kay <margareteileenkay@gmail.com>Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:41 PM
To: Max Kay
Cc: Anna Kay, Rich Kay, Nancy Padden, Charlene Kay, Francie Kay, Alex Gorohoff, Bobby, William, Andy Williamson
Thanks, y'all. I appreciate it! I have an old bottle of multivitamins that I will start working my way through. If I feel different at the end of the bottle, I will amazon.co.uk myself some more!

Alex, let me know what your shot doc says!


Well wasn't that fascinating!

Love,
Margaret

1 comment:

Michelle said...

haha, love the archive posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...