Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wat up, blog?

Text I received from Tori 2 days ago: "Alert! I have a great idea for your blog, love it or leave it. An all call from your loyal readers for weekly ask a college student section. They submit questions, you answer. First question, could the half pony half hair down straight ever make a come back , or just work? Let me know!"

Good question, Tori. The answer is- YES and YES.

There are a few different variations of this look.

60s inspired, wispy strands pulled back, middle-part still intact:

More 90s style- I'm thinkin' Brenda Walsch.....the hair is divided pretty much exactly in half...tied back with a hairband, scrunchie, or large clip if you're daring:

Yikes!

Also, just the bangs and a lil' more pulled back....often forms a bit of a poof:



Hope that answers your question Tori!

It seems that half-up/half-down never went anywhere! Although, the Topsytail (as seen on tv) is no longer available to be purchased!! A sign that times are changin? Maybe people found it too hard to use- I sure did. 


Writing 2 papers. I have a lot to say to you all....I've just been really busy with school lately (weird, I know). Hopefully things will calm down this week so I can get back on my regular blogging schedule (not the only schedule of mine that's been thrown off recently....better get back on the branwagon...hA! sounds like "bandwagon"...I'm so punny).

Marketplace of ideas, 

Madge

3 comments:

AJK said...

I am SHOCKED the topsy tail is not longer for sale-SHOCKED!

Unknown said...

the topsy tail required way too much technique for the average joe. im wearing just the top bit of hair pulled back with a small poof right now. perfect hairstyle when your hair is slightly greasy.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Awesome topic - mad props Tori

I say it will make a comeback, that is a very popular teacher hairstyle BTW - visit my school and I bet half the people you encounter are rockin that do

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...