Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Founder's Day!!

There were no classes at GU today- Founder's Day, whatever that means. Who cares? I honored the founders by eating a sugar cookie shaped like a ghost and dancing in my room to "Damaged" by Danity Kane. I danced the length of the song- twice! Like a modern-day Russel Simmons. Sweatin' the pounds away. I did a lot of dancing this weekend. My townhousemates were all out of town so I could dance without worrying about how loud my feet sounded from downstairs (my dancing always turns into hopping up and down eventually- when I run out of moves about half way into the song). I am too poor to download songs from itunes, too scared to used limewire and too ADD to use pandora- SO, I've been listening to the itunes radio stations. They're great! A lot of choices too.

Martha went to get her hair cut and colored today. She told the hairdresser (a STRAIGHT male- bad sign) that she wanted to leave as a blonde and she made sure not to be too timid in her request. Lo and behold (is that a figure of speech? should I have spelled it "low"), she ends up with the same hair color she went in with. After all that time and money!! How frustrating. I refused to let her get out of the car until she called back and asked to get in redone. She's going back on Friday- they were really nice and set her up with someone else. It's always so hard when you get your hair done and they ask you "Do you like it?" after they've just spent over an hour working on it. OF COURSE, you will just blurt out "yes!" even if you hate it. Next time I go get a hair cut (which better be soon. neigh.) I am going to tell them these exact words: "Give me my money's worth". If I have to, I might even add "I need you to step up to the plate here. Give me the cut of a lifetime". I mean, if you've ever watched one of Bravo's THREE reality shows about haircutting, Shear Genius, Blow Out, and Tabitha's Solon Takeover, you know how important it is for the hairdressers to treat every single client like it's the most important haircut of their career.

I have a Halloween costume. Guess what it is. Here's a hint: It's a two-person costume (I'm doing it with Martha) and they are historical figures famous for their expedition to the Pacific Ocean (from which they extracted salt). They built a fort called Fort Clatsop. They had a Native American friend named Sacajawea.

Working on my posture- shoulders rolled back...straight spine,

Madge

P.S. I probably stole Martha's blog material right out from under her. Sorry gurrrl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have been behind on your blog. my apologies! so glad mart called and got another appointment. that sucks!! william and i got so into shear genius- watched every episode of season 1 and 2!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...