Monday, October 6, 2008

So, I don't think you can dance...

The worst kind of bad dancing is bad dancing as a result of an attempt at good dancing. Here are two great examples. 







I have the authority to criticize Melissa Joan and J-Simp because I myself am an amazing dancer. If you're one of the lucky ones who has witnessed my moves- ya know what I'm talking about. I can cut a rug with the best of 'em.

Today, after working out, I literally RAN to the quarter candy machines in lower Crosby for some peanut M&Ms. As I mature, my taste buds continue to surprise me. Never before would I choose peanut M&Ms over my all-time faves Hot Tams, Junior Mints or Tropical Dots, but recently I've fallen in love with them. So good! AND a lil' protein never hurts.

Not to resuscitate a dead horse, but this whole Wall Street thing isn't going away. I now listen to NPR Planet Money daily and the more I learn, the more I realize how complicated and massive this financial crisis is. It now seems the $700 billion bail out plan may not be "working". The scariest part of it all is that even the highly educated, extremely intelligent "technocrats" whose job it is to understand the economy admit there is no way of knowing the extent of the problem. This makes finding a solution quite difficult. Even worse, perhaps, is it's hard to know who to blame. There is a thin line between a healthy, thriving, complex, economy and an unstable, unregulated mess. The latest This American Life podcast covers the whole situation pretty thoroughly and it's available for free on itunes. Highly recommended.

FINALLY, it's cold in Spokane. For the first time since being back, I shut my bedroom window. Fall has...fallen and I shall enjoy it briefly before the snow starts piling up and making life miserable. For now, it's all about apple cider, crunchy leaves, pumpkin cream cheese (yummmm) and Halloween.

I'm done with the first season of Mad Men- my new favorite show. Last night I stayed up until 1:00 (WILD!) watching the first two episodes of season two on alluc.org. If you aren't watching this show, you better start.

I vacuumed my room finally- it's nice,

Madge

2 comments:

AJK said...

Remember when melissa joan was in the Britney video- she was a great bad dancer there as well.

Unknown said...

can't believe im saying this but melissa joan is way better than j.simp. at least she tried! j.s. struts, she does not dance. frankly, im a little disappointed in her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...