Thursday, October 9, 2008

America, America, This is Youuuu

One of our Ultimate Bagel regulars, Tattoo Tommy (asiago double toasted with easy lite jalepeno cheddar cream cheese) reminded me today that Alanis Morsette wrote her song "You Outta Know" for Uncle Joey Gladstone- Dave Coulier- from The Full House. That got me thinkin' about the ol' FH gang, which got me thinkin' about Bob Saget, which got me thinkin' about America's Funniest Home Videos...which got me thinkin' about America in general. 

                                     +     = "you outta know"


Which made me think about.........KFC BOWLS. Only our great nation would give birth to the infamous KFC bowl- an entire Thanksgiving dinner shoved into one bowl. Genius. I hear it's pretty disgusting, though. Too bad. It sure sounds good.

I guess everything that sounds good isn't necessarily good- but same goes for things that sound gross and end up being delicious. Take, for instance, Uncrustables. A couple years ago the bright folks over at Smuckers realized that making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is must too time-consuming for the average family. What with the untying of the twisty from the bread bag, the spreading of the peanut butter, the additional spreading of the jelly....Americans don't have time for that!! Not to mention having to wedge it into a zip-lock bag- FAR too much work. So, they invented Uncrustables. They're pre-made, individually wrapped PB&Js- simply take them out of the freezer the night before and wah la...you've got lunch. The best thing about Uncrustables, though, is THEY'RE ACTUALLY GOOD. I love to eat them frozen. In fact, they're better frozen. The PB freezes in a hard, cold, sheet and it's just tastey. 

I saw these the other day- they're new. Grilled cheese Uncrustables. I'm not so sure...I love grilled cheese and I love Uncrustables, but I don't know if I like the two of them collaborating. 

Oh- just in case the America's Funniest Home Videos theme song is running through your head right now, here's the video of it to help get it out of your system:





Sometimes crossword puzzles make me soooo maaaad, 

Madge

2 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

KFC bowls...not so sure about those

I love the nicknames, any other good ones besides Tommy Tattoo?? What would some crazy dude who likes blueberry cream cheese on a garlic bagel be named?

and finally, mad props dave coulier, for causing Alanis to write Jagged Little pill, listened to that CD wayyyy too much in middle school.

Unknown said...

thank you so much for posting the song. i sang it out loud (very loud) to william

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...