Friday, November 28, 2014

Good, better, best

I have a bunch of half-written blogs sitting in my 'drafts' folder. Full disclosure: this was one of them. I came up with the concept a while back and wrote the first set of three, but quickly abandoned it to write about candles instead.

Anyway, tonight I revisited it and decided it's worth following through on. Have a look and let me know if you agree with my selections (but not if you disagree—I despise opinions other than my own) or if you have any other examples of 'Good, Better, Best'. 

TV sitcoms/dramedies targeted to a female audience
  • Good: New Girl 
  • Better: Girls
  • Best: Mindy Project
(Since I wrote this, I'm not sure I can count 'New Girl' as good anymore.)

Autumn holidays
  • Good: Thanksgiving
  • Better: Halloween
  • Best: Christmas

Kardashians
  • Good: Kim
  • Better: Kourtney
  • Best: Khloe

Peace-keeping heroes
  • Good: Gandhi
  • Better: Nelson Mandela
  • Best: Tim Gunn
  • Tim Gunn embroidery.
    Image by Totally Severe via Flickr
Berries
  • Good: blueberries
  • Better: raspberries
  • Best: strawberries
(Assuming they're all perfectly ripe, and you're thirsty. Note: doesn't apply to jams.)

Bodies of water (for swimming)
  • Good: swimming pool
  • Better: ocean
  • Best: lake

Trees
  • Good: palm tree
  • Better: leafy maple tree
  • Best: evergreen tree

French fry types
  • Good: Sweet potato fries
  • Better: Seasoned curly fries
  • Best: McDonalds fries

Books from the days of yore
  • Good: Babysitters Club
  • Better: Boxcar Children
  • Best: Sweet Valley High Senior Year

Tay Swift songs off '1989'
  • Good: 'Blank Space'
  • Better: 'Style'
  • Best: 'I Know Places'
(Although this changes every day. I love them all.)

Days of the week
  • Good: Thursday
  • Better: Friday
  • Best: Saturday

Feelings
  • Good: Feeling 100% healthy again after you've had the flu
  • Better: Turning off your alarm (you accidentally set it ) and going back to bed 
  • Best: Finally peeing when you've had to go really bad for a long time

See ya soon,
Margaret

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...