Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Taylor Swift 1989: REVIEW

It's been a while since I bought an entire album on iTunes, but the Tay Swift hype got to me. My cousin Martha was the first to tip me off about it. "Every song is good."

So, a couple weeks, seven login attempts, and an Apple ID reset request later, I BOUGHT IT. I've only given it a few listens, but if gut reactions were made for anything, it's a Taylor Swift album review.

My verdict?

Throw a handful of Skittles in your mouth and scroll down!

I would never ask you to do anything I wouldn't do myself.

It's a 9/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It immediately hooks you in and speaks to your soul. Brilliant, story-telling verses and snappy, upbeat choruses. Lots of energy. Lots of heart. Lots of classic TaySwift on-the-nose lyrics. LOVE IT.

As I walked around Edinburgh listening to it, I kept thinking to myself, 'OMG, I bet this one's about Harry', 'Wow, this one's definitely about Harry.' 

If I had to fault it for anything (aka the reason it's not 10/10), its that the songs can feel a bit samey when you listen to the album the entire way through. Kind of like how Nina Garcia had to remind kiwi Sean not to rely too much on fringe for his fashion week collection, well, TaySwift might rely a bit too much on amazingly-catchy love songs. And it's hard to blame her, she's so dang good at them. But I would also love to hear her take on an anti-war protest song or a girl power duet with Celine Dion. 

Also, it's worth repeating: nothing will ever beat 'Trouble'. That tune belongs in a hall of fame. It's impossible to top. 

Ugh, the post-Skittles tummy ache is starting to set in. #WorthIt

Skittles, 
Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...