Thursday, November 13, 2014

Serial Review: Episode 8

Woah, two reviews in a row. Sucks for those people who don't consume the same media as I do and only come to Madgespace for the sage advice. Don't worry, there will be more insightful wisdom in the coming days. But for now, let's talk Serial. Episode 8. The Deal with Jay.

Poor Jay?
Uh oh. It turns out that Jay is a kooky, beat-of-his-own-drum, remorseful, polite, lacrosse-playing guy who got put in a tricky situation and wanted to protect his girlfriend above all else.

Feeling a bit guilty? Me too. But let's not wallow too much in self pity. It's possible that Jay is even better at being a charming sociopath than Adnan! Maybe SK got lucky with two charismatic psychos for the price of one podcast. I'm open to all theories.

What's this about a pool hall? 
Another reason why we can't count Jay out 100%—Chris' story about the pool hall! Wow. Exactly how many versions of events did Jay dream up until the state landed on one they liked? Aye yi yi!

Barbie, William and I at a pool hall of sorts back in 2008. 

This isn't gonna end well...OR IS IT!?!
As we get closer to the end of this audio journey, I have a hunch that we're not going to get the tight ending we're all hoping for. We might get some troubling insight into the failures of our justice system, but I don't think we'll be any clearer on who did it.

OR WILL WE? Yep, I'll admit. I'm still hopeful that something amazing is going to happen. A new witness or damning DNA evidence from the rope. I'm still holding out for a complete WTF, jaw-dropping, text everyone you know, holy moly moment.

Sigh. How many days until it's Thursday again?

Cheers,
Margaret

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's what I thought (after I felt bad initially)...Jay could totally be the charming sociopath.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...