Thursday, November 13, 2008

BROWS-ing Spokane's Food Places

"Food Places"? wtf- my vocabulary is heinous. 

whew, this may not be my best post of all time because I typed in every email/password combination I could think of trying to sign into blogger and I'm exhausted. I should really just pause for 2 seconds before I try logging in to my various websites (email, facebook, blogger, online grad school app, nytimes.com, etc) so I can remember what email/password combination I have chosen for that site instead of guessing and checking until my fingers are throbbing from the carpeltunnel. See, I'm even too tired to google the spelling of carpaltunnel. 

As I was walking home from my brow wax this evening, I got the sudden impulse to go into Azteca, order a veggie burrito and chow down- alone in a booth with nothing but the fellow Spokie patrons to keep me entertained. 

I shook off the bizarre impulse and considered it an isolated event brought on by the shiny warm glow of Azteca's light-up sign. 

But then I passed Wendy's and almost walked up to the drive-thru to order a frosty! I actually wanted to walk up to the speaker and order myself a frosty, then proceed to the window on foot! It's 45 degrees outside! Then I passed Sonic- similar urges took over. Then Taco Time. I bit down on the spout of my water bottle to distract myself from the Conoco gas station that was pulling like a magnet toward its glorious aisles of candy. 

I made it home- but barely and not without severe gnawing damage to my water bottle.  

Consensus: I'm hungry.

Speaking of food. Top Chef premiered last night! It's no Runway, but it's still a solid hour of television. The Real Housewives of Orange County comes back soon too. Can't wait!

Bowling tonight. 

More later....told you this post would be lame, 

Madge

3 comments:

Christina Padden said...

I tried to walk through the taco bell drive thru one evening and they rejected me. they said you aren't allowed to be on foot. so then i borrowed a razor scooter and thought that would work. NO. They said you have to be in a car. I had no idea.

Unknown said...

i LOVE azteca. you should have gone in!!!

EMAR said...

oh madge! Your blog brings a smile to my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...