Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WARNING: I get infuriated at the end of this.

Yesterday I went to watch Kenneth Starr,  former judge, independent counsel appointee and author of the infamous "Starr Report" about the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal, lecture about the first amendment and its necessary limitations. It was a bit on the dull side, nothing I hadn't really heard before in my various communication classes, but it was still exciting to see such an important historical figure in the flesh. I'm counting it as my second encounter with a celebrity (my first being Danny Glover at the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Parade) though I am using the term "celebrity" loosely. 
The swim today went well, though it was extremely intimidating with all the Michael Phelps clones speeding by me, pausing only to watch me flail my arms awkwardly, coughing up pool water with every desperate gasp for air. Still, it felt great and ya gotta start somewhere. 

This morning I woke up early, walked downtown to a cute lil' cafe called Madeline's, got a bran muffin and some Mighty Leaf english breakfast tea and read the latest New Yorker. On the walk there I listened to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me", the NPR news gameshow. It was raining, but I had my rain coat on and I don't really ever care about the rain if there's a hot beverage waiting for me some time in the future. The bran muffin is up there with TV and bobby-pins in my list of all-time favorite inventions. 


The Egyptians have discovered a new pyramid! Just another reason I have to go back I guess. 

Hey Francie- guess what?!? Chapstick actually is addictive! You're not crazy, and you're not alone. For those of you who haven't spent as little as one second in Francie's presence, let me tell you about her Carmex cravings. She basically reapplies constantly and being without it causes her extreme anxiety. Well, F-dogg is not alone according to this article from the Baltimore Sun. There are actually help-groups like AA for people like Francie who just can't stop smearing their lips with their balm of choice. 

UGHHHH, I am supposed to be writing a paper and I can't pry myself away from facebook!! 

Some nights (most nights) I spend hours on the computer getting absolutely NOTHING accomplished. Then I go to bed feeling worthless, restless and angry. If I am not doing homework on the computer, blogging for you folks, or chatting/skyping/IMing people I should be reading, applying for scholarships, washing my sheets, lifting weights, or at least watching some good TV (my absolute favorite old pastime that I have shamefully neglected since the macbook entered my life). AHHHHH. I am so mad at myself! GOD. 

GOODBYE, 

Madge



3 comments:

Francie said...

Wow - that article was very informative. Good to know that I'm not alone! Not that I'm admitting I have an addiction or anything...

AJK said...

Frank needs carmex AA stat

Devon said...

I have an old coworker who was addicted to softlips so i definitely believe in the power of chapstick. Also, I read about that pyramid in Egypt too, it's in Saqqhara where we was saw the step pyramid. I am not ready to go back quite yet, Egypt still eeks me out for some reason, but please bring naked Liz along and take some good videos if you go :) Maybe you guys will hear Sean Kingston at McDonald's and think of me. muhahahahaha. Enjoy the xmas shopping, buy me something nice :) hahahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...