Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"This is your victory"

Haiku about my night:

eating lasagna
the winner is Obama
that's almost a rhyme

Mmmm...warm apple crisp, topped with vanilla bean ice cream. Can't beat it! Clare and I had some trouble picking out the ice cream. We knew we wanted vanilla- but how is one supposed to pick between "Old Fashioned Vanilla", "French Vanilla", and "Vanilla Bean"???? I would love to organize a taste-test between the three. We settled on vanilla bean because of the visible specks of bean. It was a success, but I can't help but wonder how "french" or "old fashioned" would have gone over.
Chowing down as the results rolled in...
So I'll always remember what I ate on the night America's first black president was elected...
LOVED his acceptance speech. Can't wait to watch his daughters grow up. Was Oprah drunk? Anna suspects so.


I am sooo full, 

Madge

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yum that looks good! i would have gone for the vanilla bean myself, its the only vanilla i can stand. got up early to check online who won!!! so exciting!!!

AJK said...

Vanilla Bean for sure!!! Oprah was drinking the punch- and why not- CELEBRATE!!

Unknown said...

If you watch Oprah's post-election special, she talks about bawling openly and leaning on the man in front of her - she had no idea who he was. Imagine being that man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...