Friday, December 5, 2014

Signs I'm maturing, and signs I'm not

Oy vey. Bring on the weekend. Am I right? I mean, seriously. Can I get a HECK YEAH up in here? If you're anything like me, then you loooove the weekend. Where my weekend fans at? You know what I mean? Like, is it even possible for me to convey my excitement for the weekend in a friendlier, more relatable way?

Yikes. Thank goodness that's over. Moving on.

Signs I'm maturing:
  • I like prawns now. PRAWNS. Probably one of the grossest things imaginable. Glorified maggots. Except I like them now. They're tasty! And full of protein. 
  • I (most of the time) can accept that people have opinions other than my own. 
  • I sometimes watch the news and say things like, "Oh politicians, they're all the same. What a bunch of phonies!"
Signs I'm not:
  • I wear hooded sweatshirts, especially my new black one that's still so soft on the inside. 
  • I cheat on chocolate-filled advent calendars. #NoSelfControl
  • I've tried, but I still can't wrap my head around insurance. Just seems like such a scam. Pay for something I might never reap the benefits of...just in case? God, that's a big ask. 
  • I have a huge zit in the smack dab centre of my nose. 
It hurts.
Covered it in toothpaste for an hour last night, but it's bigger than ever.
Why am I always wearing this sweatshirt in my blog close-ups? BECAUSE I BLOODY LOVE IT!



    My 'oy vey' intro reminds me of when I stood in the frigid cold and watched a movie called 'Oy Vey My Son is Gay' being filmed in Spokane. It was the biggest thing to happen to Spokompton since the Planned Parenthood bombing. I was determined to get my eyes on its all-star cast, which, looking back, is even better than I remembered. To name just a few:
    • Jai Rodriguez ('Culture vulture' on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy)
    • Bruce Vilanch (Best known for his four-year stint on Hollywood Squares)
    • Carmen Electra (Oscar-winning actress and humanitarian)
    Hold on. Why read when you could watch? Have a look and I guarantee you'll be illegally streaming bad boy for your cosy Friday night in:


    Full disclosure: I haven't actually watched 'Oy Vey My Son is Gay'. But I have watched 'End Game', starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Angie Harmon, also filmed in Spokane. I even wrote a review of it for the Gonzaga Bulletin (which, as I recall, underwent a heavy copy edit, ridding it of all its grassyllama flare). 

    Have an amazing weekend,
    Margaret

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...