Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Meta

I'm babysitting for Char and William tonight, and you know what that means: pizza party for one!

As I sit here pressing the refresh button on Domnio's Order Tracker, I am desperately trying to think of something to blog about. And then it occurred to me, make the brainstorming process the blog itself! Genius! Two birds, one stone.


OK, my conversation with myself, as it just unfolded:
  • Write about flu vaccines, and how you're going to get your first ever this year.
  • Write about how, at least in some cases, refusing to engage with anxiety is the best way to overcome it. For example, instead of losing sleep over an important business meeting and telling everyone who asks that you're nervous about it, just don't talk about it or even allow yourself to think about it. Kick those negative thoughts sky high into another dimension. Every time the cause of your anxiety pops into your head, ignore it. Think of something else. Drink a glass of water. Distract yourself. Pretend the anxiety isn't happening. Lie to yourself! Is this terrible advice? 
  • Write about how it's so hard to do anything when you're hungry.
  • Write about how you can't think of what to write about. YES! That's it! You've definitely done this before, several times, but woops, too late, you're already writing. You're screenshotting the pizza tracker. We're doing this. Buckle up. 
Aaaaand there's the buzzer. Pizza's here! 

Until next time, 

Margaret

P.S. 
1) Scarf scarf scarf (my version of 'Nom nom nom', which I loathe)
2) I like jalepenos, but not in every dang bite.
3) Think of how many gallons of garlic dipping sauce Domino's must waste each year. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...