Saturday, December 20, 2014

Countdown to Christmas: 5 days

Today's Christmas photo


Oh yeah. Chosen to be on the top of the pyramid. #Skinny

Today's Christmas memory

I remember this moment well because I videotaped it with our camcorder and have watched it many times since. Allow me to set the scene for you.

My dad: Carrying a ginormous Christmas tree up the stairs, working with my someone (Max, I think) to get it to stand straight, getting down his hands and knees and attempting to twist the screws of the tree stand into the trunk, grunting and breathing loudly.
My mom: Blaring Raffi's Christmas album through the big speakers. Popping popcorn to make popcorn/cranberry garlands later. Basking in the festive spirit.
My dad: With the speaker right next to his ear, "Can somebody please turn that music down?"
My mom: Continues to monitor the popcorn, unable to hear his plea.
My dad: Can someone turn off the music?
My mom: Humming along with Raffi as he sings "On Christmas morning, I'll wake up bright and early..."
My dad: NINA! TURN OFF THE MUSIC!

Me: Filming and laughing under my breath.

Next time I go back to Kenmore, I'll hunt down the footage and post it on the blog. Maybe next Christmas.

Today's Christmas gift idea

Astronaut ice cream! It's the perfect stocking stuffer. More than just a gift—an experience! Let's face it, if Lance Bass can't fulfil his dream to go to space, than none of us stand a chance. This is as close as you'll get to space travel. Savour every last bite.

 ----> US shoppers

  ----> UK shoppers



Wesołych Świąt,
Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...