Sunday, December 14, 2014

That's a wrap!

Tonight was present-wrapping night in the Kay/Williamson household. It started off great. We had everything we needed—Christmas tunes on Spotify, two pairs of scissors, four rolls of tape and two types of wrapping paper to keep things interesting.

But as I got wrapping, my enthusiasm began to wane. I need to start doing yoga again because, wow, who knew wrapping presents could be such a workout?

I tried sitting cross-legged on the floor. Uncomfortable.

I tried kneeling. Ouch my knees.

I tried sitting on the couch and bending down to wrap the present as it rested on the floor. Not that flexible.

I tried bringing the present up to my lap and wrapping it there. Bad wrap job; lots of wrinkles.

But I persevered and in the end, I did it. All the presents cheerfully concealed with colourful paper. That's a wrap!

Christmas smize.

In other news

  • 'Heroes' actress and dolphin fan Hayden Panettiere and her ginormous fiancĂ© had a baby. 
  • The final episode of season one of 'Serial' airs this Thursday. If you haven't jumped on the Serial bandwagon yet, you have four days to catch up. Better start binge-listening now.
  • In case you missed it, North Korea hacked Sony's emails, and we now know lots of juicy stuff about Hollywood's biggest stars, including:
    • Angelina Jolie is a "minimally talented spoiled brat" (I actually could have guessed that one).
    • Jennifer Lawrence got paid 7% of the profits of 'American Hustle', when co-stars Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale each got paid 9%. You could argue that BC and CB had larger parts than her, but you could also blame Sexism. I'm not sure what the reasoning was, but what I will say is that she made that movie.
    • Matthew Knowles, Beyonce's dad, approached Sony about making a Destiny's Child film. Um, why didn't this get the green-light? Sounds like box office gold to me. 
  • Woah—breaking. As I typed this (probably not), Kourtney Kardashian just gave birth to her son. On today of all days! December 14th! What's the significance, you ask? Today is already her son Mason's birthday. The brothers will have to share a birthday now. It's OK though. Char and Francie did it their whole life, and they turned out alright. 
  • Martin Freeman starred as Bilbo Baggins in a Middle Earth/The Office mash-up for SNL last night. The concept was funnier than the result. But it's a thing that the Internet is talking about today. 

The end. 

Margaret




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...