Saturday, December 13, 2014

My clog scroll

I was going to title this post 'My bucket list', because that's what it's going to feature.

But then I thought: Hmm....'bucket list' is so overdone. Maybe it's time to coin a new term that means 'things I want to do before I die'.

This led me to the brilliant Wikipedia page 'List of expressions related to death'. Among my favourite on the list are:
  • To ride the pale horse
  • To shuffle off this mortal coil
  • To hop the twig
  • To snuff it
  • To pop one's clogs
So I've decided to call my bucket list my 'clog scroll' instead—just to mix things up a bit. 

Not to be earthy, but isn't it amazing that fruit just grows on trees? Wait, is coconut a fruit?
I just Googled it and it's a "fibrous one-seeded drupe".
Image by Alex via Flickr

My clog scroll


Before I die, I would like to:
  • Fry an egg on the sidewalk.
  • Do that prank where you put someone's hand in warm water so they pee the bed. 
  • Shimmy up a palm tree. Grab a coconut. Shimmy back down. Crack the coconut on a rock. Hold one half up to my mouth. Pour the sweet juices down my gullet. 
  • Go dogsledding. 
  • Float around in one of those zero-gravity simulators. 
  • Brew and bottle my own root beer. 
  • Do this with Andy:

  • Write a book. 
  • Get hypnotherapy. 
  • Own a juicer. 
  • Score the winning goal in the World Cup and/or win a Nobel Prize.

Cheers, 
Margaret


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...