Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Where my INFJs at?

I did a personality test today. Cast your mind back to my dark days of employment and you'll recall I'm not usually a fan of them. It annoys me to be reduced to one of four colors when I'm as complex as the color wheel, as vibrant as the rainbow!

But there's a bit more to the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator model than the Color Code Personality Profile. In this one, there are 16 possible personality types and it's based on your preference of introversion vs. extroversion, sensing vs. intuition, thinking vs. feeling and judging vs. perceiving.

What do those words even mean? Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that I took the test and I'm an INFJ, also known as 'The Advocate'.

We are rare. We make up only 1–2% of the population. We're introverts masquerading as extroverts. We're creative, passionate, insightful and convincing. But hot damn if we aren't over sensitive. Criticize us and we flip out. SO DON'T DO IT.

Sounds about right.

What's alarming is the company I'm in. My INFJ compatriots include:
  • Ayatollah Khomeini 
  • Osama Bin Laden
  • Chiang Kai-shek
  • Robert Mugabe
  • Adolf Hilter

Well, great. As they say, you can't choose your family.

But we do have David Schwimmer, so we can't all be bad. 

Image by BioPredator via deviantart.com

Also, the other thing to keep in mind is that it's all a load of BULL ROAR.

HA! I'm still not convinced. And you know I'm right. Even though it's fun to take the test and analyze yourself, the reality is that people are complex. There aren't just 16 of us, but 7 billion! This one may be better than the colors but, much like me and my faux extroversion, it's just old school clickbait masquerading as science. 

Still, I recommend taking the test for the entertainment value alone. You'll find some of the results are pretty spot-on. For example, it said that INFJs make good bloggers. I swear!



Also, it said that there are just enough Andys in the world (ESTPs) to keep things spicy, but not so many that it would cause a systemic risk to humankind. Phew!



TAKE THE TEST


Goodnight, 
Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...