Sunday, May 10, 2015

Time keeps on slippin' slippin'

I just looked at the clock and it's a quarter to midnight. What am I supposed to do now? I can't think of a blog topic and write one between now and then. Also, I'm in the midst of an emotional Mad Men episode and my head's all mixed up. What am I supposed to do?

The answer is just type, type, type, type, type, type until it looks like there's an OK amount of words on the screen.

The week ahead won't be as busy and I can get back to blogging about important things like celebrities watering their lawns despite the massive Cali drought, my ingrown toenail that flares up on occasion and how crying in the car to ballads is fun.

Just ten minutes until midnight now. No one is stirring, not even a cow. (That rhymes)

Luckily, this page is looking far less bare and I think I'll make it in time.

Did you know that all bodies of water are affected by the tides? Not just oceans. Big bodies of water, small puddles of water. All water. All liquids, really. Even a glass of diet coke has tides. I wrote about this in a post a while back, but I fear it didn't get the attention it deserved. It's an incredible thing to think about.

In the great green room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of
The cow jumping over the moon
And there were three little bears sitting on chairs
And two little kittens
And a pair of mittens
And a little toy house
And a young mouse
And a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush
And a quiet old lady who was whispering “hush”
Goodnight room
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon
Goodnight light
And the red balloon
Goodnight bears
Goodnight chairs
Goodnight kittens
And goodnight mittens
Goodnight clocks
And goodnight socks
Goodnight little house
And goodnight mouse
Goodnight comb
And goodnight brush
Goodnight nobody
Goodnight mush
And goodnight to the old lady whispering “hush”
Goodnight stars
Goodnight air
Goodnight noises everywhere

Old lady whispering "hush" = both creepy and comforting at the same time


Goodnight blog,

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...