Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tracy Chapman = on the radio lots

In case you haven't noticed, we're in the midst of a Tracy Chapman renaissance. Yes, that woman with a male voice who sings 'Fast Car' — all of a sudden, she's back!

I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I've been in America for just two months now and I've already heard more Tracy Chapman than all of the 90s combined (which was quite a lot...before things soured between Anna and Columbia House). Every time I turn on the radio her baritone melodies reverberate back through the speakers. At first I thought it was a fluke, but it's happened so much that I know something's up.

Image by Wishbook via Flickr


Was one of her songs played during the credits of a season finale or something? Like, Grey's Anatomy maybe? What else could explain it?

What I do know is that I can't help but sing along to "but you can say baby...baby can I hold you toniiiiiight. Maybe if I told you the right words...ooooooh at the right time....you'd me mine." Tune and a half.

Hey, I've cracked it! Just now. I was Googling "Tracy Chapman" and discovered that she performed on Letterman a month ago. That explains it. That explains the resurgence. I answered by own question. This blog is therapy.


 
(Watch for a boring rendition of 'Stand By Me')

In related news, I was listening to Warm 106.9 today and they have a station advertisement that goes like this:

Warm 106.9, for when you're wearing yoga pants as...pants! We don't judge! Warm 106.9, today's music variety. 

Well, they certainly know their audience. I was indeed wearing yoga pants as pants at the time. Ugh.

Your pal,
Marge

P.S. This blog post is officially in the running for 'Worst Post Title Ever'. Other nominees include:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...