Thursday, October 9, 2014

From the Archives, edition 1

I thought of an idea for a recurring blog post topic: 'From the Archives'. It will showcase old emails, hand-written letters, gchats, Facebook messages and anything else I can dig up from the past.

Today's edition will feature my first ever gchat! It's with my sister Anna and it took place around five years ago. 

9th February 2009

9:44 PM me: hey neigh
9:45 PM Anna: hey
  i was getting some hot water for my tea
  whats up
9:46 PM me: not much
  crazy bout chris brown!
 Anna: I know
  poor riri
 me: remember him in "This Christmas"
  he was so wholesome!!
 Anna: i know
  what was his name?
  little man?
 me: baby
 Anna: haha
  baby
  
 me: hey- are pomagranates gone?
9:47 PM Anna: yes- sad huh
  
 me: very sad
 Anna: SO sad
  i have moved on to mangos- but they are more expensive and not as good
  or good for you
9:48 PM me: bummer
 Anna: indeed
  how was the drive back?
 me: it wasnt too bad
9:49 PM Anna: are you getting excited for white fish?
 me: yeah- i must have a BM before then...and then I will be ready to go
  ahhhhhhhhhaha
  sad, but its true.
 Anna: the potion isn't helping?
 me: nope
 Anna: boo
 me: its all not working anymore
9:50 PM Anna: we had an inch of snow this morning
 me: egads
 Anna: too bad
  you needs a BM in a major way
  did you call susan
 me: yeah
9:51 PM but i didnt get a chance to talk to her really
  didnt tell her i was const
  cuz i was SO SICK
 Anna: corrie and meagan saw pics of you from the wedding, and they were going on and on about how beautiful you are
 me: when i called her
  oh lordy
  the wedding!?!
 Anna: frank's
 me: fattest evar
 Anna: they were like- she is BEAUTIFUL
 me: well, thats good
 Anna: yea
  take it
 me: taken
 Anna: its a TL
so give me something
9:52 PM me: ummmmmmmmmmmmm
  barbie thinks you have cool style
 Anna: poop
  i'll take it
  since i am sure she's sitting right there
9:53 PM me: she's in class!


Oh yes, I remember that p-granate kick we were on. They really are delicious.

Photo by GPO via Wikimedia Commons


Dictionary


  • Neigh = Anna's nickname
  • riri = Rihanna (aka Robyn Rihanna Fenty)
  • BM = Bowel movement (sorry, but it's true)
  • Whitefish = A town in Montana
  • The potion = Castor oil (rubbed onto the stomach in a clockwise motion)
  • TL = 'Trade Last', a thing my family does where, when you hear a compliment about someone, you tell the person that you have a 'TL' for them. In order to hear what it is, they have to tell you something nice they heard someone say about you first. 



Love,
Margaret

P.S. Andy just got another parking ticket. Let the appeals process commence!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...