Friday, October 3, 2014

A poorly excuse for a blog post

I really should try to ration my sick days over the course of the year. Day 12 of my Year-28 challenge is far too soon to lay my best cards out on the the table.

And yet, I actually am ill. Or "poorly", as they say here in Great Britain. Yes, did you know that? In the UK, they say "poorly" instead of "sick" or "ill".

"What's wrong, Margaret? Are you poorly?"

It's always seemed strange to my American ear. I think if they said, "Are you feeling poorly" it would be different. But they don't.

Also, Andy sometimes asks me: "Do you need any washing doing?"

That's the weirdest one. It's just insane. The translation is: "Do you need to do any laundry?"

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I am not writing or thinking that clearly. Elsie has pretty much given all of Edinburgh her horrendous cold. That whore.

Knowing that my condition wasn't letting up, I spent much of yesterday and today trying to take a photo of myself looking as miserable as possible. Just so I could prove to you, my readers, that I'm not faking it. Here's the best one:

Believable enough?

Have fab weekends!

Cheers,
Margaret

2 comments:

sallynosnews said...

That, so far, is one of my favorite blog posts. Apparently, you even make me laugh when you're grumpy (hope you're not offended at that) & trying to look as poorly as possible. I read it and thought: DANG I WISH SHE WAS MY NEIGHBOR AND I COULD TAKE HER SOUP & LISTEN TO HER (hilarious) DIATRIBES. Made my day. Get well soon!

grassyllama said...

Thanks Sal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...