Sunday, October 5, 2014

Things I don't really like that much

Yesterday I said I wouldn't talk about myself in tomorrow's post. Tomorrow is now today, so it's time to make good on that promise. Let the great experiment begin!






Wow. This is challenging. I've been sitting here for 30 minutes and all I've managed is a paragraph on Ebola (now deleted and replaced with a funny photo of, who else, ME).

Ebola! Not the light reading people want on a Sunday evening. Well, let's consider it a failed experiment and move on.

And would you look at that. An idea has already popped into my head.

Things I don't really like that much


  • 'Awwww look at that cute animal' videos, gifs and memes. You know what I mean. Fluffy kittens tumbling down a staircase. A baby koala bear eating a popsicle. A duck and a dog being friends. Call me blackhearted, but I just can't get into this genre in the same way most people (or at least most people on the Internet) can. 
  • Museums. I really want to be someone who likes museums. When the topic comes up, I pretend to love them. "Oh, museums? Yes, I love them," I say. But I don't mean it. The truth is that I can't appreciate art unless it's either really big or really accurate (e.g. a painting of a hand that actually really looks like a hand). And with history museums, I don't have the patience to read the placards. 
  • Beer. In my youth, I enjoyed the odd tin of lager. But now, for some odd reason, my tastebuds have regressed. These days, every time I take a sip of beer it's as yucky as the first time I tried it. Not only that, but there's so dang much of it. Unlike a lovely, tasteless vodka soda, beer takes forever to drink and it's warm as urine by time you get to the last sip. 
  • The Wolf of Wall Street. Remember that movie? It was all the rage last winter. I was excited to see it, it didn't offend me (I think that's the main reason some people didn't like it) and I am a big Leo fan. Still, I thought it fell short. It claimed to be a black comedy, and yet it relied so heavily on slapstick scenes like Leo trying to get to his car while on drugs and Jonah Hill's schlong. Although I found the part about how he set up the firm really interesting (the bit at the beginning), the story just wasn't that interesting after that. And it was SO LONG. Three bloody hours!
  • Rubber gloves. I'd rather my hands get all pruned and dried out from the dish soap than feel a drop of water make its way down an otherwise dry glove. 
  • Skirts. They just never work. Long skirts, short skirts, flowy skirts, pencil skirts. Bin the whole lot of 'em! Who knows, maybe you just aren't supposed to cut a 5'4 body in half. For whatever reason, skirts and I just don't get along. However, I did have a skort in 4th grade, and it was awesome.

I'm glad to get those controversial dislikes off my chest, but I feel like this post was a bit negative. To leave you on a high note, watch this:




Cheers,
Margaret

P.S. OK, I kind of take back what I said about museums. Some of them are great. Museums are medium. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...