Sunday, October 12, 2014

Egg McMuffin

It's about time we talk about Egg McMuffins. I have a few things to get off my chest.

Yum. Just plain YUM.
Image by Evan-Amos via Wikimedia Commons

Portion size


I bought five Egg McMuffins today. Three for Andy, two for myself.

When I told him how many I ordered, Andy laughed. I guess he thought five was a lot? Anyway, 30 minutes down the road, he was thanking me. 

Two or three is the correct portion size for Egg McMuffins. They are delicious, but small. Three large bites is all it takes to get the entire thing down your gob. Next time you're at McDonald's don't be ashamed to order yourself multiple McMuffins. 

Time limit


Most McDonald's (McDonalds'? McDonaldses? McDonald'ses?) across the globe stop serving breakfast at 10:30am. Newsflash: it's 2014! Why are we still putting up with this? 

Everybody knows that Egg McMuffins are a weekend food, and that people enjoy sleeping in on the weekends. At the very least, they could serve breakfast all day on Saturdays and Sundays.

Plastic cheese


The use of American cheese on the Egg McMuffin is what makes it. A lot of people don't understand this. The plastic flavour is part of the experience. Using a posh mature cheddar would make it taste too rich and unbalanced. 

It's the same thing with grilled cheeses (or 'cheese toasties' if you're British). Yes, you can make delicious fancy ones if you want to—smoked gouda, fig and onion chutney on sourdough. But if you just want a classic white bread + butter + slice o' cheese, then American cheese it is. That's what gives it that no-frills diner flavour.


Peace, 
Margaret

P.S. I've never been annoyed to tears before, but there's a first time for everything. A boy band named 'The Vamps' has done a cover of that song 'Cecelia' and it's doing my head in. Came on the radio four times on our trip back from England. 

It's SO SO bad that I can't even link to it, but you can find it on YouTube if you really want to subject yourself to some torture. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...