Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I accidentally lanced my dermatofibroma!!!!!!!!!

Remember when I used to make an effort to have my blog titles be cute/intriguing? Those days appear to be over.

There's just no way to fit this post's subject (accidental lancing of a benign skin growth) into some sort of catchy pun. It is what it is.

Here's the background info: My mother has had a little dark colored bump on the side of her calf for years. Docs call it a "dermatofribroma". It's been around for as early as I can remember and though SHE is comfortable with its presence (she'd even make up SONGS about it when were little..."dermatofribroma, fibroma, fibroma"...CRINGE)the rest of us would mock it when she wasn't looking. Well the big J man works in mysterious ways and one day, when I was in 9th grade, I woke up and SHAZAM- a dermatofribroma had sprouted on the back of my right calf. Karma? Perhaps. Regardless it's the most significant MLM ("most-like-mom"...an acronym me and the sibs tease each other with) moment of my life. I've never been able to live it down.

WELL, now that you're caught up, I'll continue.

The other day I was stepping over a plastic laundry basket in Isabel's room and as I brought my right leg back up to take another step, it scraped against the sharp border of the basket- LANCING my dermatofribroma off!!!!! Very little blood, surprisingly. Some of it still remains, but a good chuck of it is lying somewhere on Isabel's floor (a thought that she, a former germ-a-phobe, probably doesn't want to linger on as she sits and reads this).

Here's a pic of a dermatofribroma just in case you're curious. I tried to find one that looked the most similar to mine.


Anyhoo, sorry the blog postings have been sluggish. My ginormous desktop computer may have bit the dust (taking it into the computer repair guys this week) so I am using my townhousemates' computers and going to the library computer lab.

FroYo tonight!! (Mom, that is slang for Frozen Yogurt)

Love, Madgery

3 comments:

Unknown said...

noooo the derma is gone!!! please post a pic of what remains. id be even more intrigued to see its remnants. hope the desktop pulls through!

AJK said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I laughed out loud when I read this- I CANNOT believe it!!!

Nancy said...

R.I.P. derma. You were never truly appreciated. May you find true happiness on the other side, and may Margaret's sibs be cursed for mocking you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...