Wednesday, September 17, 2008

BREAKING NEWS! GRASSYLLAMA GETS MACBOOK!

I can barely type this right now my hands are so shaky.

Clare texted me telling me to come into the bagel shop this morning to "see what came for me". When I got there I saw a bunch of caramel apples...needless to say I assumed this was my surprise. BUT NO! THERE WAS MORE!

MY PARENTS GOT ME A MACBOOK FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never in my life been so blown away by bday gift. I screamed out loud the poor bagel-eating patrons probably thought I'd cut myself on the meat slicer.

Yep, you heard it here first (or maybe I texted you...I texted pretty much everyone I know) my fingertips are now gliding fluidly across the smooth, white keys. The smell of new computer (turns out I prefer it to "new car smell") is wafting through our townhouse like freshly baked cookies. It's better though, because computers don't make you fat and cookies do.

I think this macbook is going to inspire me to live my life according to higher standards. I will be a better person because of this beautiful machine! I can't go out in sweats- I am a macbook owner. We're better than that! No more lame, must-click-on-the-link, whiney blog posts (wants vs. needs..remember that awful thing? scroll down).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU my dear mother and father. I cannot say it enough. This is the most exciting day of my life (sounds like an exaggeration...but can you really think of a time when I would have been more excited? Maybe leaving to go to Europe...but I think this tops it).

Jealousy is a stinky cologne,

Madge

P.S. The caramel apples were brought in by a coworker...her roommate works for Spocandy and they had a bunch left over from the fair. Score!

4 comments:

EMAR said...

I am so happy for you!

AJK said...

you are one lucky son of a biotch

Unknown said...

a macbook AND spokandy leftovers??? what a haul

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Woo hoo! You're gonna love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...