Monday, September 15, 2008

Cancelled Class...like a present under your pillow.

When I was growing up (into the incredibly intelligent, stunning, extremely popular young woman I am today), my mother would sporadically leave me little presents under my pillow. Sometimes a book, a pair of socks, my favorite candy....but whatever it was it was always completely unexpected and exciting.

Today, when I went to my Journalism News Seminar class and saw "Professor Miller is ill- today's class will be canceled" written on the board it reminded me of when I would crawl in bed at night, rest my head on that lumpy, uneven pillow and discover a delightful surprise resting beneath it.

I am GIDDY with joy. I don't even dislike the class. I have nothing better to do with my hour. BUT REGARDLESS, I couldn't be more ecstatic.

This is my first post since the most infamous event in Madgespace history. If you don't know about it- contact Anna and she'll explain to you what happened. I am still too shaken up to explain it.

I am going to now make a promise to you, my dear readers, and I expect to be held accountable for it- My next blog post will be VERY GOOD (Notice I didn't say it will be amazing...but still, it will be very good). I feel I owe it to ya and to myself for my own sanity. My blogs have been sub par as of late and I blame it on: 1. my broken computer 2. our broken internet 3. lack of interesting things in my life 4. the economy 5. laziness

Peace be with you and also with me,

Madge

2 comments:

AJK said...

I love the unexpected cancellation . . . instead of class its work meetings for me now, but I still get excited to have an extra hour or two. Live it up madge!

PS: K Griffin pick up an emmy or two

Unknown said...

ANNA TELL ME THE STORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...