Thursday, August 28, 2008

Game on!

As if I didn't need to introduce any more tv shows into my life, last year my fellow townhouse-mates and I got really into game shows. Our favorites: Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, The Family Feud and Singing Bee.

BAD NEWS.

SINGING BEE HAS BEEN CANCELLED! Why? Your guess is as good as mine. It certainly isn't due to Joey Fatone being anything but fantastic. It couldn't be that the songs weren't catchy as heck. You can't blame the amazingly talented and elaborately costumed background dancers. So WHAT then? Huh, NBC? GOD!! so mad.

In memoriam, I will post these clips from The Soup that feature the beloved game show:



To make matters worse, Jeopardy has been MIA all week because of the dern Democratic Convention. It couldn't have happened at a worse time because after last week's Teen Tournament I was at the top of my game.

I am currently flippin' the channels desperately trying to find a replacement for Singing Bee. Well, it's just not gonna happen. I did come across "Million Dollar Password" however, and it does look promising. The episode I watched included celebrity contestants Damien Fahey (former MTV VJ) and Monique Coleman(High School Musical actress )...and if that doesn't reel you in, what will?

Oh, and does anyone else remember Donny Osmond hosting Pyramid? It was actually an old game show (my MOM tried out for it in her day). Anyhoo, it was fabulous and I think they should bring it back.

Btw, am I the only one who can't stomach "Deal or No Deal?" Boring,sexist, overly patriotic (though I don't know why), puts me on edge, too shiny, Howie Mandel is creepy and it just requires luck, not skill.

3 comments:

AJK said...

oh joey fatone- we shall morn our loss. RIP singing bee

Unknown said...

i loved pyramid with donny! they cancelled that??? shocking. deal or no deal is HORRID, although its a little better over here because they have actual people open the boxes, not models. still lame though. i mean its LUCK, dont people get that!!!

Alice said...

love the new pics madge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...