Monday, December 1, 2008

Go Blog Go

T-Giving came and went like an episode of Supermarket Sweep- exciting, frenzied, food-related, chaotic, and leaving me wanting MORE! Lucky for me- I will get more because Christmas is just around the corner. So it ain't over yet. YAY! Two of my favorite holidays back to back. Gotta love the holiday season!

I want to try out a sunless tanning product. I don't know which one to use and I am nervous about it. The main reason I want to try it out (actually, it's the main reason why I do anything at all.....why I wake up in the morning) is so I can blog about it. Wouldn't that be great? I could do before&after pictures. It has the makings to be an epic post. 

One time in elementary school I was talking with this free-spirited girl who had hippie parents about being buried or something about burial (weird...I wonder why we were discussing it at all actually. But it's irrelevant to my point) and she said "Oh, I plan to donate my body to science when I die." 

I was BAFFLED. 

The nonchalant way she said it- "donate my body to science"- just like that...it haunted my thoughts for quite some time. I pictured a creepy man in white lab coat ripping one of her arms out of its socket and studying it carefully with a microscope....another one would pluck out her eyeballs with giant tweezers and toss them into a beaker causing it to bubble and splurt green fizz. 

Now, of course, I understand what she meant and I find it a perfectly reasonable solution to corpse disposal. ANYHOO, I am willing to sacrifice my epidermis to sunless tanning research so the next time I am at the store I will buy one. 
 
MOVING ON, This article in businessweek lists the worst jobs with the best pay...here they are:

Gastroenterologist- Average pay: $269,500 HA! I went to one of these back when I was having my constipation problems (see archive). 
Podiatrist- Average pay: $125,663 Barbie just went to one of these to try to fix her flat foot/short leg.

Private Security Contractor in Iraq- Average Pay: $120,000 Sounds scary.
IT Worker- Average pay: $103,400 Don't know what this really means.
Crop Duster Pilot- Average pay: $53,870 I guess this is dangerous because of the pesticides. 
Crime-Scene Cleaner- Average pay: $50,400 You'd have to pay me a lot more....
Roughneck- Average pay: $46,867 What's a roughneck?????????????
Toll Collector- Average pay: $45,000 Harhar, I thought this said "troll" collector. Now THAT would be a bad job (unless you're Hagrid or someone else who's well versed on the creatures of the forbidden forest).

Long-Haul Trucker- Average pay: $43,200 What about an ICE ROAD trucker???
Embalmer- Average pay: $42,400 EW.
Sewer Inspector- Average pay: $34,960 STINKY! (my friend Liz hates that word)
Crab Fisherman- Average pay: $29,000 Deadliest Catch, holler!

I think I'm going to take a nap, 

Madge

P.S. I don't like having to capitalized the "I" in "I'm"- it bugs me

4 comments:

EMAR said...

i'm shocked that crab fishermen don't make more...I was under the impression that they made at least 60, thou. Notice how I didn't capitalize the I in I'm?
Good blog.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I love supermarket sweep!!!!!

That and

SHOP TIL YOU DROP, remember that one?

AJK said...

Barbie has a short leg?

ellen said...

its deadliest catch silly and i would love to be on their boat! although, i agree with mar, they should get paid more. i suppose ill wait till then to get on that crabbing.

remember beat the clock? gotta love those PAX game shows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...