Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Present Politics...

You're lying if you don't think "presents" are the best part of Christmas. 

Ok, I know that sounds materialistic and shallow, but gift giving and the thoughtfulness that goes into it is what Christmas is all about. Duh, it isn't about what you get or how much was spent but the love/caring represented by the gesture. 

This is why I HATE it when people set price limits on gifts, freak out about whether their gift is less expensive than the one the person is giving them, give gifts out of obligation, make Christmas lists so that everyone gets something they "really want"- UGHHHHH. STOP IT! That makes the whole tradition of gift-giving seem so formulaic and dull. 


I could go on and on about this, but ya get my point. Presents are great, but all the stupid politics that go along with them are ridiculous. 

Now bring me some figgy pudding, 

Madge

2 comments:

EMAR said...

I get your point, but I wont lie-I want what I want, and if the only way of achieving that is by telling someone, so be it. I still know they love me. Keep up the good work!

Alice said...

http://deadspin.com/5105711/non+nude-attorney-updates-us-on-nude-high-school-cheerleader-story

Madge - thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...