Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Reunited and it feels so strange

Andy and I are in Vancouver at the Best Western Sands hotel.

We spent the afternoon walking through Stanley Park before heading to a neighborhood Italian bistro for a pork chop (Andy) and prawn spaghetti (me). Now we're sitting in bed watching Ninja Warrior, a show where normal-but-in-shape people attempt a large obstacle course full of hanging nets, balance beams and monkey bars. Safe to say it's the best show on TV. Totally picking up where Mad Men left off. 

Before this afternoon, Andy and I hadn't seen each other for 88 days. That's more than 12 weeks! The big reunion was wonderful, but above all else it was STRANGE. He seemed so familiar yet also so new. It was like meeting someone from a past life.

One major perk of our three months apart? We have things to say to each other! We have stories! Gossip! New thoughts and opinions! Andy gave me the update on all his friends and I told him where all my nieces and nephews are at in their various stages of potty training. 

Hold on. Why type when I can express my feelings in song?




Goodnight!
Margaret

P.S. Considering how many engagement photos I wade through on Facebook every day, I'm not going to apologize for this borderline gushy post.


P.S. Look, he's asleep!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...