Monday, June 22, 2015

People are complex

Today I found out that my sister, Anna Gorohoff, uses the 'Mail' application on her Macbook. You know, the thing that automatically opens when you accidentally click on an email address link.

This thing:


In all my years, I have never met anyone who actually uses that thing. I was SHOCKED. But to each her own. If you want to use the Mac Mail application, as Miley would say, only God can judge you. 

Let Anna's choice of email programs be a reminder to us all: people are complex. Just when you think you know everything there is to know about someone, they'll surprise you with a controversial opinion, unexpected anecdote or bizarre hobby that seems totally out of character. 

Examples:
  • My mom is a pretty good harmonica player
  • Bradley Cooper is fluent in French
  • I don't like watermelon
  • Elsie, my 1-year-old niece, totally gets 'Duck Duck Goose'
  • Ke$ha has an IQ of 140
  • Martin Luther King Jr. was a big Star Trek fan
  • My brother Max was a late whistler—didn't learn how to whistle until high school

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to write, write, WRITE a whole bunch of blogs to schedule for the next six days. My long-distance spouse is coming to town and I don't want to be up at 11:55 furiously blogging about the most tedious and mundane topics imaginable. Like email applications, for example. 

Good luck to you all on your Tuesdays tomorrow. It may not be one of the best days of the week, but at least it's not a dreaded Sunday evening! 

Cheerio, 
Margaret

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't use that mail application easier - seems so overwhelming! And no watermelon, really? Interesting... I guess I like all shellfish but not shrimp which lots of people think is really weird too.

Jakub said...

I also use Mac's Mail to check my work emails! Just so they are in one place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...