Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Earbuds be damned

There's a special place in hell for earbuds. They, together with liquid body wash, purses, gratuitous clothing labels and stick figure car decals, will some day sit on a bed of hot coals, demons whipping them with sticker bush branches for all of eternity.

Image by Juanibb via Wikimedia Commons

Sure, maybe they work for you. But in these perfect, petite ears? Not a chance. My dainty canals reject earbuds at every twist and turn. There's just no fitting those white plastic bulbs into these itty-bitty earholes. Did I mention I have the cutest, smallest ears ever? It's totally adorable. I'm the best.

Now, before you accuse me of whining about my #PetiteEarProblems, let it be known that this issue doesn't just affect only those of us with cute, small, super adorable ears. My dad has large, 67-year-old man ears and earbuds don't work for him either. Two words: EAR HAIR.

Rich Kay's course, grey ear hairs poke the earbuds right out. He's tried trimming, but the stubble gets to the buds eventually.

The solution? We both favor a retro, 1999-style athletic headphone that wraps around the back of the head. Still lightweight enough for running, but with 0% chance of slipping off, they're perfect.



Goodnight,
Margaret

P.S. Apparently ears are considered an "organ". I don't know how I feel about that. Would it make more sense to call them a limb? No, probably not. But organ? That doesn't seem right. Organs are squishy, meaty, bloody things that live in the stomach.

P.P.S. Oh, alright.

#Blessed

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...