Thursday, April 9, 2015

Take on the no-purse challenge

Where my girls at? Any ladies out there in the audience?

Yeah, you. I'm talking to you.

You with the hair and the Starbucks cup and the iPhone. Listen up.

I have a challenge for you and all the other gals of the world:

GIVE UP YOUR PURSE FOR ONE MONTH.

And, while we're at it, give up your wallet too.

Here's what you're going to do instead. Every day, before you leave the house, slip your driver's license and your debit card into the front pocket of your skinny jeans. That's it! It's as simple as that.

Now, I know you have questions, and I'm prepared to answer them.

  • What about my keys? Coat pocket. 
  • What about my chapstick? Other skinny jeans pocket. 
  • What about my phone? Coat pocket / hold it in your hand / center console of your car
  • What if I'm wearing a dress? Nope, you're not. You can't wear dresses when you're on the "Purse Cleanse". It's one of its few downfalls. 

I've been purseless for more than five years now and it's been life changing. I was sick of digging in that leathery trash pit for my keys and decided to put an end to it once and for all. I've never looked back.

Purse shop or prison? You tell me.

Image by j-No via Flickr

There's something so freeing about leaving the house with nothing hanging off your shoulder. With just your ID and your debit card tucked in your front pocket, every day feels like you're about to go clubbing. It's thrilling.

Do it for a month and I bet you won't even miss it. Tell your friends! Tweet it to your followers!** Instagram your uninhibited shoulders! Let's start a revolution!


**If you tweet about it, please use the hashtag #CurseThePurse

Later,

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...