Friday, January 2, 2009

Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?


A while back I asked you, my dear readers, for blog topic suggestions. The only one of you who participated was Tori, who suggested I discuss the "half up/half down" hairstyle. After the overwhelming success of that post, I've decided to take Tori's advice yet again. She texted me a couple months ago asking for a COPS themed post. Here goes it:

Premiering on Fox in 1989, COPS is one of the longest running TV programs in the United States. It has been nominated for four emmys!!



Here are some viewer comments left on the COPS imdb page:

Matt writes:
 24 November 2001
Believe none of those COPS-bashing reviews from the people you'll find on this site who don't even know what real entertainment is. I think COPS is the greatest show and the best comedy ever! You watch it and you always find two or three people on it who are worse off than yourself. You ask yourself, "My god! How could someone be so stupid and devious!?" and you feel so smart and law-abiding! And the best part is that the bad guys always get caught! You can't run from the long arm of COPS! I recommend my favorite show (COPS) to anyone I meet. Really. Besides being an awesomely ground-breaking, reality-based program, it sets a good example for your kids. Let them watch it with you. Cheers! -Matt 

Michael writes: 
June 28, 2008
But of course my favorite thing about the show is that so many of the incidents shown are so hilarious, intentionally or not. I remember one particular episode where they chased a guy down who was driving erratically, and then he jumps out of his car and runs on foot. The police chase him into the woods and finally tackle him, and on the way back to the police cars they start asking him some questions."Have you been drinking tonight?" one of the cops asks. "No no no," the guy says. "I haven't been drinking tonight, officer, all I had was a 12-pack and a bottle of Southern Comfort..."

Brightfamouscucumber writes:
October 6, 2005
This is a dangerously biased show. It is a show depicting that COPS can do no wrong. It's edited to appear to be some sort of "good versus evil", but it is not. It is nothing short of evil vs. evil, and sometimes its the perp who's more evil, and other times it's the badge-bearer. But it's always the badge-bearer whose opinions get final input on each and every segment, and usually a very rude bash of the people they were hired to protect and serve. It is sick and it it is twisted, and it is in a time spot known to be predominantly viewed by adolescents. On a scale of one-to-ten for entertainment value, I would quite honestly and with great justification give it a negative ninety-nine. The worst nightly news show in a third-world country would receive a greater rating from me than this atrocious filth.

Well, there appears to be some differences of opinion out there about COPS. Your thoughts?

Yours truly, 
Madge

4 comments:

Unknown said...

negative 99 on a scale of 1 to 10??? get out of town. id give it a solid 7 and if division in spokane was featured in the episode probably an 8.

AJK said...

If my memory serves me, Spoke has been featured a few times in COPS . . . I think COPS follows the meth

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Blogging suggestions

- Cyprus slang
- flavored water...thoughts?
- 9-year anniversary Center Stage tribute
- Hot or Not

anything? anything?

Francie said...

cops - all good of course. how could anyone think otherwise?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...