Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fact or Fiction?

It's time to settle things once and for all. To confirm what's truth and what's just an old wives tale. I've discovered snopes.com, which verifies or refutes almost every myth you've ever heard. I've determined it's a credible enough site for Madgespace because it was the first site to pop up on google and it just looks somewhat professionally done.

CLAIMS:

Shaved hair grows back darker and/or thicker

If you try to sneeze with your eyes open, they will pop out

It takes seven years for swallowed gum to pass through the digestive system

Coca-cola used to contain cocaine

ANSWERS:

false (nope. I know people think this is just a myth but I would beg them to come look at my toes and belly button. I mistakenly shaved both areas ONE TIME and ever since it's a sea of heinous, corse black hair. Confirming this phenomenon as a "myth" is just another myth itself! oh woe is me.)

false (ow. ow ow ow OUCH. I don't care if this is true or false because to attempt it would be PAINFUL)

false (though with my current condition I doubt it'd make its way out at all!!)

true, and it wasn't cocaine-free until 1929! (doesn't surprise me...just a bit further back in the day they used to drill holes in peoples' heads to relieve headaches. times were different)


There ya have it! Hope that clears things up. 


Dark chocolate is now officially tied with back massages as the BEST THING EVAARRRR, 

Madge

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That poor snowman! You are a blogging machine!

AJK said...

wowza!

Francie said...

thanks for clearing a few things up!

Francie said...

hellooooooooooo - week and a half since your last post? tsk tsk

Unknown said...

i love snopes! here is a heartwarming story that's also very timely:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...