Monday, January 12, 2009

"I'm that star up in the sky, I'm that mountain peak up high, hey I made it, I'm the world's greatest..."

First of all, I got accepted to University of Edinburgh for grad school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!

This is where I will be attending classes- the School of Divinity (haha!).

Second of all, why do they always make Beyonce look so weird on magazine covers? I mean, who is this? Not Beyonce, that's for sho. 

Third of all (by the way does anyone know if "third of all" is actually a figure of speech? I use it a lot but it never sounds right), I took a fill-in-the-map geography test of the US and the Middle East and I was far more successful at naming middle eastern countries than states right here in my homeland! Things just get so confusing once you're east of Wyoming....with all the Virginias and Carolinas lyin around. 

Fourth of all (ok, I know that one doesn't work), I've compiled a list of the greatest songs of all time. I know that's quite bold of me, but I dare you to argue with the following selection:

* Do you know (Enrique Iglesias)
*Oh Holy Night (Anonymous)
*The Power of Love (Celine Dion AND AND AND- get this -Huey Lewis and the News)
*Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show)
*World of Our Own (Westlife)
*White Girl (E-40)
*Heads Carolina, Tails California (Jodee Messina)
*Boys of Summer (Don Henley)- Martha's pick...but I agree
*Let it Be (The Beatles)
*Surf Wax America (Weezer)
*Too Little Too Late (JoJo)
*All or Nothing (O-Town)
*At Last (Etta James)

What songs would you add to the list?? 

Tonight we are going over to Sarah's and Carrie's house to watch The Bachelor. The original plan was to dress up in formal, floor length gowns, sip champagne and watch it in the company of a beautiful platter of red, long-stem roses...but that didn't pan out. We should really save such efforts for the season finale anyway. 

I've been filling up on sunflower seeds lately, 

Madge


8 comments:

msk33 said...

Did you know that, in the fall of 1999, I took a religion class in that very building called "Women and Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe"? I swear on skeegles it's true.

P.S. It was a waste of my time and theirs.

AJK said...

Is msk33 max? did he swear on skeegles?

CONGRATS!!! The school looks lovely.

EMAR said...

Hip hip! Congrats. I am ashamed to admit it, but I too had trouble with the USA states naming game. Anything east of Wisconsin is a bit of a challenge.

Unknown said...

CONGRATSSSSSSSSS! I feel like singing 'Won't ya be my neighbor' circa Mr Rogers. Was the USA/Middle East geography test in a history class taught by a woman with short white hair? If so, I had her and she was hilarious, such a dry sense of humor. PS: I joined the Angle Club- you can get a student membership for 5 pounds!

Grassyllama said...

no- I just googled "geography test" because I am a LOSER w/ tons of time on my hands.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Congratulations, that's so exciting!!! If I head to Scotland, can I crash at your place, Scotland is at the top of my list, I'm dying to visit!!

Love the song list, especially Enrique!

Francie said...

You googled a geography test? new low alert. oh skeelges - my favorite made up god!

Unknown said...

wow you must have time on your hands! googling geography tests.....ill file that away for times of extremem boredom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...