Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year w/ Old friends (rotund stomach & indigestion)

It is the first day of 2009. WOAH. Here's some perspective for ya: Center Stage came out 9 years ago!! Where does the time go? Anna should be comin' up on her 10 year high school reunion. The King Dome has been gone a decade! Facebook was started 5 years ago and I can't believe I ever lived without it. Also, happy 10th birthday to the Euro (which, despite fallin' a bit, is still worth about $1.40...so don't let its monopoly-ish look fool ya).

I sat around all evening waiting to decide on whether or not to go to a party with Anna and her friends, a party hosted by my high school friends, or a party with Barbie, Meghan and maybe other college friends. I read, napped, took a bath, ate an orange, sat in the living room, applied intense healing hand lotion to my dry hands, watched a bizarre HBO movie with my Mom and Dad called The Girl in the Cafe, and took a couple more baths. My stomach hurt, which is a bummer because I thought my new gluten-free diet was helping. Nay- the thing's still round, hard and angry as ever. I'm just waiting for the day I wake up with an "outie" belly button. Just preparing myself for the inevitable. HOW depressing. 

Anyway...when it came time to get ready and go out I just couldn't do it. 

This morning my Dad told me he "rang in the new year with a snore", and I answered "me too". His excuse- being near seniorcitizenship. My excuse- gas, a distended stomach and one heinously bad mood. 

Last year at this time I was in Edinburgh, wandering along the cobblestone streets, climbing the Sir Walter Scot Monument and watching the circling ice skaters, double decker buses, sale-bound shoppers, and street-corner bag pipers below. Hopefully on Jan 1, 2010 I'll be doing the same. 

My new years resolution: blog more. 

We'll see, 

Madge


4 comments:

Francie said...

sounds like your new year's was a thrilling as mine!! oh well, it's the most overrated holiday in my opinion - except in Edinburgh that is! Next year fo sho!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Center Stage was NINE YEARS AGO?
Can't believe facebook is 5yrs old either...or Anna's & the Euro are up for a 10 year reunion.

Way to put things in perspective.

Happy new year! Love your resolution.

Unknown said...

ill be here with you next year and CANT WAIT! it was a ghost town yesterday morning here- too many people out til 5am!

Alice said...

Madge - how is the stomach? Been thinking about you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...