Wednesday, August 13, 2008

HONK SHOO

I went to a movie by myself yesterday- Batman: The Dark Knight, on Imax. It was an all around fantastic experience. I went to a 12:30pm showing, got a small popcorn, sat in the back near the aisle, and watched a great flick. Clare told me going to the movie theater by yourself is "very freeing" and now, having done so, I must agree.

As an earlier b-day/cheer-up present, my mom is getting me an ipod nano!! Now you can get an engraving in the back of your ipod free of charge. I spent about an hour racking my brain trying to think of the perfect words. For some bizarre reason, all I could think of was when Harry says "Give it here Malfoy!!" but that did not seem fitting at all. Martha suggested some other possible HP quotes...Dumbledore's "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Then I called Anna and she told me that a lot of people just get their name and e-mail address. That seemed much more practical, so I went with: Margaret Kay mkay@gonzaga.edu

snooze.......

I walked to the Spokane Public Library downtown today and got a library card. According to the Spokesman Review, library usage has increased significantly as the economy has gotten worse.

um........what else do I have to report....

My restless leg syndrome is back! Yes, my compulsion to flex my calves every 30 seconds has returned, after taking some time off while I was in Cyprus. Maybe it knows it's back in familiar territory....my old flexing grounds. Who knows?

boring!

Ah! The Olympics are great, aren't they!?! Clare and I were both very impressed with the opening ceremony and with Michael Phelps winning all his gold medals. There has been some debate about whether or not the female Chinese gymnasts are really 16 and older. According to their passports, they all are....but some of them look about 9. I think they're lying! Just gonna say it. What are the Olympics w/out a little controversy?

I now use a night cream- Oil of Olay regenerist,

MADGE

3 comments:

AJK said...

I do love seeing movie's by myself- clare is correct, very freeing.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Oh I wish you'd gone with the Malfoy comment! haha, love that that's the engraving you thought of!

Abby said...

HAHAHAHA. Madge, this is the first time I've read the blog and I read the entire thing. Apparently we ARE related because I went to batman by myself the other day AND I chew an entire pack of gum in one sitting. I'm now a loyal reader.

Abby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...