Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things are lookin' up

I went home for the weekend- fantastic decision. Anna and Jody had planned a camping trip in the south sound and so I joined them for some canoeing, foil-dinner-making and drive-through movie viewin'. 

Last night we hosted an Argentinian themed dinner as a farewell to Willem before he heads to South America for the semester. I made Ranger Cookies for the occasion. I think I am going to dedicate an entire post to cookies, so I'll save my love of Ranger Cookies/the recipe for that moment. Keep an eye out for it.

Top 5 reasons to be happy about my return to Spokane tomorrow morning:

1. My new ipod awaits me!!!!
2. I have more stuff to put up on my walls....world map, ouija board, campaign signs from around Kenmore
3. Whole wheat cinnamon raisin bagel, sliced into quarters, triple toasted with margerine.
4.  New episode of Project Runway tomorrow night.
5. Buying Francie and Bobby an address book and filling it out and mailing it to Ireland as their belated wedding/thanks for housing me for 2 months present.

I listened to three different "This American Life" podcasts today while I walked/ran Greenlake. One was titled "Break-Up" and I found it quite amusing and relatable considering my current relationship status. Plus, it distracted me through my run better than the worn-out old "work-out mix" is able to. 

Since lists are going to be a reoccurring theme in my blog from now on, here's one more for ya:

Things I need to do that I just haven't gotten around to yet:
1. Create an itunes account
2. Get my heinous eyebrows waxed
3. Establish good credit 
4. Buy new vacuum filter 
5. Sign  up for a Yoga class
6. Get HPV vaccine
7. Read all the "classics"
8. Send Cyprus friend her shirt that I accidentally took home
9. Loose 15 lbs/repair my damaged metabolism 
10. Write in my journal (just in case this whole "internet" thing turns out to be unreliable and I need a backup)

I haven't had a diet coke in 12 days because diet pops with artificial sweeteners are horrible for you and I've finally said enough is enough, 

Madge

3 comments:

Jody said...

12 days without diet coke...multiple times around green lake...really madge, you are my hero, two things I could never do ha!

So glad you could come camping with us this past weekend...I needed a good dose of hanging out with you!

AJK said...

Great Blog, glad Madgespace is becoming a regular blogger again.

Francie said...

NO DIET COKE!! Madge - you are a changed woman!! Oh and Bobby and I were just in hysterics listening to that Britney video!! You have inspired me to be a better blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...