Monday, November 12, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin!!!

So many great things to look forward too...here's the breakdown:

Project Runway Premier: 2 days
Thanksgiving Break: 7 days
Christmas Break: 32 days
Scotty's B-day: 35 days
Arrive in Edinburgh:46 days
Arrive in Dublin: 57 days
Arrive in Cyprus: 74 days
The Kay/Fitz Wedding: 256 days

Last weekend with Anna and Alex was grand...like I suspected, the talking parrot was a big hit. It's been kind of stormy and cold here in Spoke, so we mainly lounged around the house and hit up Starbucks. Saturday morning we ran to the garbage-eating goat- it was working!! Alex fed it some leaves and old receipts and candy wrappers from my purse. We went to The Elk for dinner. While we waited for our food we discussed what would be the best thing to take a bath in. Different answers were: melted marshmallows (Barbie), jelly-bath (Anna), Buttermilk (Clare), Chocolate Pudding (me)....I forget what Alex said. Then we all agreed that lava would be the worst thing to bathe in.

The heat is on in our house and I'm not gonna lie- it feels good. A gal could get used to this warmth.

I made black beans and brown rice PCC-style for dinner tonight. Hit the spot.

I feel bad for Clare, she's sick and coughing up blood. She showed me the bloody mucus-covered kleenex as I grabbed an egg patty out of the freezer for an eggcelent I was making. It was gross, but I probably wouldn't have believed her had she not shown it to me. Now she's got my sympathy vote. It's weird timing because I just read "The Immoralist" which is about a guy with TB and I also just read "Mountains Beyond Mountains" which is about curing TB.

As Scooter would say..."Peace Out Trout"...

Madge

1 comment:

AJK said...

coughing blood is NOT good. poor clare. Alex won' shut up about the parrot- its the new apple of his eye . . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...