Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Euro Life

Germany plays Turkey tonight in the European soccer semi-finals. As mad as I am at Turkey for invading and occupying 37% of Cyprus, I would like to see them win tonight (I can't help but root for the underdog). I want Russia to win the whole tournament though. Spain could win and I wouldn't mind.

On to a more serious subject- I am addicted to gum (gross). Gum is pretty much disgusting...you chomp on a rubbery minty wad, smacking and popping it until all the flavor has been drained out. Ususally there isn't a garbage can around so you find something to stick it in (an old receipt, napkin, orange peel...) and throw it in the bottom of your purse where it will stay for at least a month. My problem, though, is not simply that I chew gum (a bad habit as is), but that I chew an entire pack in one sitting. One pack of Orbit lasts me an hour...at the most. SICK. Help me!
Madge

3 comments:

AJK said...

Its a Padden thing, the gum. Maybe you could switch to dum dums. Go turkey- gobble gobble.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

When you get back you have to try "Stride" gum. It's the one with the really lame commercials about how it lasts so long. IT'S TRUE! You almost get bored waiting for it to run out of flavor (like every other gum known to man)...anyway, worth a try. Makes you wonder what kind of crap they put it in to make the flavor last...

Unknown said...

Embrace the experience- the sugar, the flavor, the vigorous chew- it is a stress reliever,a fun(bubble gum) hobby and a relatively harmless vice.Essential for long solo drives. Hold on to the packaging, use it for the spent cud and toss into a legit disposal-the real issue. One could do worse than be a chewer of gum, I know, I was a swallower of the stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...