Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Any Craic?

I come to you, my faithful readership, with my head bowed, my tail between my legs, begging for your forgiveness of my inconsistant blog updating.

The only excuse I can come up with is lazyness, because it definitely isn't for lack of time and oppertunity. In fact, all I do is sit on the internet day after day, repeatedly clicking "refresh" on the Dlisted window while I drink tea and watch the hours tick by until Francie and Bobby come home from work. Also, I seem to have misplaced my camera cord (and by "misplaced" I mean forgot it in Cyprus because I left packing until the extreme last minute in my refusal to accept that it was all over and I had to leave) and I am ashamed to post a pictureless blog.

Though I was sad to leave Cyprus, Ireland has been grand and I couldn't be more pleased to be in the company of soon-to-be-wed lovebirds B-bop and F-dogg. I was also able to make it over to Edinburgh for a weekend with Char. Last weekend was Francie's "Hen" night (they're a big deal over here...like a bachelorette party, everyone has one when they get married). Char came over for the occasion and we went out to dinner & dancing afterword. Francie had a tiara that said "bride" and wore a bright pink feather boa. So cheesy and hilarious.

Wow, the lack of pictures in this post is making me want to treat this entry like a diary...really pour my heart out. It could also be my current lack of social interaction with humans (I do talk to their dog Booter a lot) but I really want to just spill my feelings into this text box for the world to see!!!! Hmmm, maybe I will share them High Fidelity-style through a top 5 list:

Top 5 things I'm currently thinking about:

1. Whatever song is running through my head (right now it's "Simply the best")
2. Dinner (maybe soup and crackers...it's kind of blustery outside)
3. Boys- some more than others, whether or not to call Scooter and attempt communication for the millionth time (don't worry he doesn't read this and never will), how they are the inferior gender in most aspects, whether there really exists a guy who will peel an orange for you...
4. Post-graduation plans...working, traveling...
5. The Fitz/Kay wedding- what's left to do for it, how much fun it's going to be, bridesmaid hair/shoes

Well, that list makes me look a little shallow and self-obsessed, but I swear if there was a number 6 it would be the Iowa Flooding, Global Climate Change, The Lisbon Treaty or Gay marriage in California. I do find time to read nytimes.com and idependent.ie in between checking facebook and dlisted.

I will work on getting pictures up soon (probably an empty promise),

Madge

P.S. My "condition" in the previous post has been cured!! Who knows what did the trick, but thanks to all who wrote advice and knock on wood that I never go through such a struggle again!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

grassy- as someone who never lost faith and checked your blog every day for an update, THANK YOU! even without the pics it was a joy to read. great seeing you in edinburgh and for the hen extravaganza. hope you enjoy the rest of your time in ireland and make sure to get a magnum before you go home!!!

AJK said...

agreed- thank GOD for another blog!!! I went out with Tori for a late bday birthday dinner and all we talked about was your lack of blogging! welcome back

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...