Sunday, December 30, 2007

Copenhagen, Edinburgh...Skype's the limit!!

Hello, or should I say "Hello" with a scottish accent)!!! Barbie and I flew into Copenhagen Friday afternoon. Our goal was to make it into town during our layover and find the Little Mermaid statue (which I read about before we left). Well, we DID make it into town (amazingly considering we aren't Danish) and we sort of made it to the Little Mermaid- We took a picture with a replica of her, in the airport. BUT the part of Copenhagen that we did see was wonderful! We hopped off the subway right into the posh shopping district. With our sweats, fleeces, and giant backpacks we were such sore thumbs!! Everyone else was wearing skinny jeans, cute jackets and tall boots. We finally made it to Edinburgh- Francie, Char and Bobby met us at the bus station. The next morning, we climbed Arthur's seat. Next we went to The World's End pub for a pint and some delicious lunch. We shopped a little downtown, and a bird pooped on Barbie's head. Thankfully, she was wearing a hat. Last night we went out for more fun and some dancing. Wow, that blog took it out of me! I don't think I will be doing this play-by-play writing of my life anymore. It takes too long AND it's boring!! I just read back this blog and it was a snoozefest.
the shopping carts are very small here, madge

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the shot of Barbie and the skottish cap-after the bird poop?

AJK said...

nice pics! keep 'em coming- wish i was there!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I love your blog!

Courtney Clayton said...

Madge, First of all I have that travel neck pillow you were wearing in the first pic, it was my life in China. Second, I hope the pants are treating you well. My mom gave me some for Christmas so now I am happier than ever! The blog is wonderful and I will continue to check it in this order:
E-mail
Pink is the New Blog
Dlisted
Yours
School stuff :(
Thank you for entertaining me even from a far-off place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...