Monday, January 7, 2008

Hogmanay, Morton's Neuroma.

New Years in Edinburgh was AMAZING. The pictures are the best proof of that...

Barbie spent 12 pounds on the claw machine- THAT'S 24 bucks!!!!!!! She didn't even get one stuffed animal. She really has a claw machinge gambling problem.

Fireworks shooting from the castle...

If you're wondering why Francie's tongue is so yellow and sickly, it's because we discoverd the deliciousness of french fries (or CHIPS as they call them here) with dijon mustard. We kept goin back for more!


By the end of the night, the new heels (which are amazing by the way) were KILLING my feet. I had never been in so much pain before (except for the glowstick in the eye incident). Francie and Barbie's feet were aching also, but we couldn't get a cab in that crowd for the life of us!! Thankfully, Bobby spotted a man with a bike-buggy and he biked us home. There wasn't enough room for Bobby, so he ran along side.

It all seems like a cute story... but it's much more than that. The next day I realized I still couldn't feel my toes! Another day passed- still numb. A week later- STILL NUMB! Well, I googled my symptoms (which almost always works except for one time it convinced me I had West Nile), and I have "Morton's neuroma". It's nerve damage!! My toes could stay numb for up to 2 months!!!! Just think though- if it hadn't been for that bike carriage, I may have had to amputate.

Pray for Britney,

Madge

4 comments:

AJK said...

numb toes may make heels more bearable . . . . could be a good thing!

msk33 said...

That is terrible about your toes. Are there any remedies for faster healing like sticking them in baking soda or something? A prayer for britney, a prayer for your toes...

Unknown said...

madge,
love to read about your travels...the photos are fabo and I absolutely LOVE the clear voice I hear throughout your blog...a talented writer, you are...
I am so happy you are experiencing studying in europa...nothing like it...life altering experience!

keep the blogs and photos coming...

Happy New Year!

love.
mona

Unknown said...

Yes, Madge, there is concern for your wee little piggies. Any sensations at all? Won't the extremely hot sun of Cypress awaken those extremities?
I shall pray to St. Fredrick, patron saint of feet. God Speed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...