Tuesday, October 20, 2015

From the Archives, Edition 12

For this edition of 'From the Archives', please enjoy not one but TWO g-chats with my sister Anna from back in 2011.

10:44 AM me: neigh, what are your thoughts on skinny jeans with heels
  i am thinking about it
 Anna: i have done it
 me: ok
  i may do it tonight
10:45 AM my other jeans are too long
 Anna: it took a lot to get me to walk out the door in that, but all my friends said its hard to get used to looking at yourself like that but it looks good to others
 me: ok, good to know
 Anna: too long for heels?
 me: haha
  yeah
  insanely long
  ive worn them like twice
 Anna: must hem
 me: they're from years ago
  i will
  project for the weekend
 Anna: indeed
 me: alright, going to eat dinner then it's off to the pub
  danke
  tootles
 Anna: tootles
  have fun


12:57 PM me: it's going to cost a shite-load to get a frickin crown on my tooth!
  UGHHHH
 Anna: I thought everything was free overthere
12:58 PM me: The NHS only covers gold crowns
  and my tooth is visable
  so I will have to pay private costs
 Anna: yuck
  how much?
 me: Well, it seems to vary
  I can't get a straight answer from the internet so I am going to shop around and call my dentist to find out
12:59 PM but it's at least 100 pounds
  maybe more like 300
 Anna: barf
  i guess you have to do it though
 me: yeah, I don't know why they didn't just give me a crown today
  i guess they want to make sure the root canal worked
 Anna: they did that with me too when i had mine
1:00 PM temperary, and then go back in a few weeks for the crown
  is the pain gone?
 me: well, I didn't get a temporary
  just got a root canal, then a filling
 Anna: oh
 me: and then I guess they'll have to wittle it down and give me a crown
  or something
 Anna: hmmm
 me: who knows
 Anna: that might be right
  i can't remember
  arghhh
1:01 PM hate tooth problems
 me: i had to pay 67 for the root canal
  it's been such a pain- over three weeks of horrible toothache and this was the fourth time i've been to the dentist
  and i can never get any work done on dentist days
  oh well
 Anna: ick
 me: i just hope it worked
 Anna: you will have to write a lot to cover that
1:02 PM me: yep
  and i need to buy my flight
 Anna: pull an all nighter and just write like 20
 me: yeah, i need to
 Anna: i heard flights are pricey right now because of high oil prices
 me: yeah, they are
1:03 PM Anna: and gadafi
 me: the are up another 100 pounds from when I last checked
 Anna: atleast you have malta
 me: i am excited
 Anna: should be fun
  if you need to borrow $ let me know
 me: no, I'm ok
 Anna: barrow or borrow
  how do you spell that
 me: borrow
  barrow is wheelbarrow
 Anna: barrow is kenmore accent
1:04 PM me: gotta love the k-town accent
 Anna: heard you and C were getting pedis
 me: yeah, andy won a 20 pound voucher at this Edinburgh University event
  and they are 10 pounds each
  perfect!
 Anna: thats awesome
 me: going right before the flight
 Anna: fun
  such a treat
1:05 PM me: yeah, my nails are gross
 Anna: ditto
 me: how's alex's ski?
  broken?
 Anna: broken
  how did you know
  he got new ones
  so
 me: his brother's facebook status
 Anna: his friend who owns a ski shop gave him 50% off
  i see
1:06 PM   
BTW
  played rebecca black for dad
  he went into shock
1:08 PM me: haha
  has he never heard anything that bad?
 Anna: no
  he could not get over it
  we were all watching the UW basketball game
  and I would hear him singing it under his breath
  HA
  friday friday friday
1:09 PM and then he would complain about how horrible it was
 me: hahaha
  it is really captivating
  something about her smile
 Anna: i got to show it to F & Carly for the first time too
  they loved it
 me: it really gets stuck in your head
  I love when she explains that thursday was yesterday
  and saturday is tomrrow
 Anna: best part
 me: haha
1:10 PM Anna: so literal
 me: just when you think it could not get any simplier
  yeah
 Anna: hilarious
  when are you going to try and come home?
 me: me: mid july through mid sept
  andy: mid july through mid august
 Anna: well- we are goine July 8-29 if you want to house sit for us
1:11 PM and by house sit i mean stay there
1:12 PM me: that would be fab
  are you getting excited yet?
  or does it seem far away?
 Anna: kinda
  it still seems far away
  but its not that far
1:14 PM me: no, it's not
  it's going to be amazing
1:15 PM Anna: i can't wait
 me: you do have to climb a mountain...
  but that will be rewarding
 Anna: its going to be hard
1:16 PM but
  cool
 me: you're in shape
 Anna: you never know with the elevation though
 me: don't watch Everest before you go
 Anna: no shite
  when is your 1/2 marathon
 me: end of May I think
  yikes
  how was the one you ran?
1:17 PM Anna: good- more hills then i remember
  but i had a really good time
  so
  good I guess
  i am so sore now
 me: what a great feeling to have it over and done with
 Anna: so nice
1:18 PM not to think about it anymore
  brb
1:20 PM me: going to make linguini! ta!



Goodnight,
Margaret

P.S. I made a conscious choice not to care about the Seahawks this year and it's really paid off! From what I've heard, they're bad now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...