Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Secret's Out

One of my coworkers, Morgan, is reading "The Secret." As you probably already know, the book talks about the phenomenon of sending positive energy into the universe and receiving it back from the universe. For example, if you think to yourself "I am going to ace my math test", then you will do just that. If you think it, it will happen. Sound crazy? Well, I thought so too at first, but OPRAH says it works. So there ya go. 

ANNNNNNNNNNNYway, this morning at work Morgan wrote herself a check (well, not a real check...a fake one made out of a rectangular cut of paper and with the usual check features penned in- name/address, "pay to the order of:", memo, date, signature...etc) of how much money she wants to have. The book says if she looks at the check everyday, believing as best she can that it actually already exists, then she will acquire that quantity of money somehow. 

Now, I am not convinced by any means, but I will also try anything to get some extra cash (besides working for it and saving it). So I wrote myself a check. 

Pay to the order of: Margaret Kay
Amount: 2,300
Memo: Edinburgh fund

And here's the kicker- I dated it for May 10th! A bit greedy, I know. But it would be great to have the money before graduation, so I can start sorting out my finances for next year. Perhaps it's asking too much of the Secret, but I can't linger on such negative thoughts. It will happen. It has already happened. I am a rich, rich, woman. 

Goodbye print version of the Seattle PI, hello new internet-centered business model, 

Madge

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha, my mom must not have been there for that discussion. I dare you to ask her what she thinks of "the secret."

AJK said...

Keep believing in the times

constance said...

jeff and miyak' are HUGE fans of "the secret", the law of attraction, and all that good shite.
love ya!
you can have WHATEVER you want.

Unknown said...

$2,300 is actually a very reasonable sum of money. not greedy at all! you could have asked the universe for much more but you showed some restraint, which hopefully means you will get it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...